DONATE
I packed a bag full of unwanted, in good condition clothes to donate for my centre's fund raising. Some of you may not know, I'm working in a VWO(Voluntary Welfare Organisation).. we do not get any profit, but instead we give our service and time.. and MONEY!(becos i'm getting peanuts pay NOW).This explains why we want to raise funds for our centre.. So if you have any unwanted clothes that you want to sell to karung guni, pls consider DONATING them. Our target group will be teenagers.. or maybe adults who will hit town in the weekends. Food and perishable items are not allowed. Tops are encouraged. Contact me for more details about the donation. I dont mind collecting it from you at your convenience, but spare a thought for this not that very strong girl. HAHA.
The date to consolidate all the donation for my side is 20th Nov 2007. So i have enough time to bring them to office and let my colleagues tag the price before i go on long leave.
We will be along SMU that stretch selling our unwanted good items. If you can, come and support us on 7th-9th Dec 2007. I dont know when is my shift and where is the exact location of our booth yet, will update again.
MSN is a good tool.. i posted as my personal message and i get quite alot of responses! These people are really active in contributing and doing charity. haha. None other than Vanessa who serves in the Red Cross long time ever since i know her, Mikki, Simon, Shikai, QS, Ray, Waikit and more! Dont even remember who to follow up with.
Anyway, thank God for supportive friends who offered to search their cupboards! Even if they dont have any to donate, the thought and effort of searching counts.. and i really appreciate that. =)
Oh yes, carrying my bag full of clothes here was a torture. I should just divide into two bags, or bring them on a separate day.. I hugged the whole bag all the way! and i took like 15-20mins to get to office. =s As i'm typing i feel my hands and fingers so weak now...
Yea, i'm not that strong physically la.. If i have to carry something very heavy for a long time it'll have a bad effect. Sometimes they can tremble themselves. =(
Wah.. I'm so tired now. The heavy rain last night really helped me to sleep well. Thank God for the good weather.
Stop ranting and get to work!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home